This function allows you to register a Data Source Name (DSN) to be used in ASP pages.
- DSN: (Required)
- This field is for choosing the data source name you wish to use. A DSN is essentially a symbolic link on the server pointing to your database file.
- Filename: (Required)
- This field is for typing the location of the file on your site. All database files should be located on the default database directory. Be sure to type in the full path name, including sub directories, off your default database directory. This field is not required for SQL. You can browse the database files on the default database directory.
You have to upload the database files to the default database directory before creating DSN.
- You can upload the database files to the default database directory using FTP.
- The file structure of your site looks like this:
- The database files must be located on the default database directory (\database), NOT the Web root (the \www directory). If you have uploaded your database files to the \www directory, you must move them to the \database directory.
- Type: (Required)
- This field is for selecting the type of database you are registering. Selecting the correct type is imperative.
DO NOT include your domain name or IP address in the filename field.
Be sure to enter the full path name in the filename field, including sub directories For example: The file users.mdb in the sales directory would be typed as: sales\users.mdb.