These functions allow you to install, remove or check/fix your FrontPage extensions. You can change Web server's email address or contact email address. You can create a new subweb, view the administration page for a particular subweb and merge a subweb with a parent web site.
- Install (Re-Install)
- Installs FrontPage extensions. If the extensions were installed on the site, you can use "Re-install" to reinstall FrontPage extensions. It will remove the extensions then install the extensions. Subwebs that were present when the server extensions were uninstalled will be restored when the server extensions are reinstalled. You do not have to uninstall the extensions if they were installed.
- Removes FrontPage extensions. This operation leaves enough FrontPage meta-information in each web’s content area to return each web to its previous state if the server extensions are reinstalled. For example, subwebs that were present when the server extensions were uninstalled will be restored when the server extensions are reinstalled.
- Full Uninstall
- Removes FrontPage extensions completely. This also uninstalls the server extensions from any subwebs below the root web. It leaves no FrontPage-specific information in the web’s content area. After using Fulluninstall on a virtual server, subwebs cannot be automatically recreated when the FrontPage Server Extensions are installed again. All previous settings of FrontPage extensions will be removed.
- Checks and fixes your FrontPage extensions.
- Change Web server's email address or contact email address.
- Create a Subweb
- Creates a new subweb on any directory of the site.
- A List of All Current Subwebs
- The subweb "/ (root web)" has been created by default.
- To view the administration page for a particular subweb, click the subweb name.
- To view the home page for the subweb, click the URL.
- To merge a subweb with a parent Web site, click Merge. This will convert a subweb into a regular directory.
If you receive an error from FrontPage regarding your extensions, try using Check/Fix to correct the problem or you can Re-install the extensions.
If your links aren't working properly or images aren't displaying after publishing, you may recalculate hyperlinks by opening the Web in FrontPage, clicking Tools, and then clicking Recalculate Hyper links.
Checking the server extensions includes replacing missing directories and files created by FrontPage,
and making sure all FrontPage-created executables are present and set with the correct permissions.
You may add users to a FrontPage Web by creating the user in the Create New User portion of this Control Panel.
If your site is large, it may take some time (5+ minutes) for the processes to run. If the status of FrontPage extensions is Installing, Checking/Fixing or Uninstalling, you can click Check Processing Status to find the current status of the request. Although they usually take less than a minute to install, FrontPage Extensions may occasionally take up to 30 minutes to install. You can continue to check the status of your request on the main FrontPage Extensions page of this control panel.